A cancellation insurance is always recommended, as something unforeseen can always happen. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 crisis, the uncertainty surrounding travelling has increased. That is why in addition to our standard Platinum cancellation insurance, we now also offer the All Risk cancellation insurance. This insurance not only provides the extensive cover of our Platinum cancellation insurance, but also covers the outbreak of an epidemic and any costs resulting from a mandatory quarantine at your destination. If you combine this insurance with a travel and assistance insurance, you can book your trip without worries.
Platinum cancellation insurance ¹
If you take out a Platinum cancellation insurance your expenses will be fully reimbursed for a lot of guarantees.
- Illness, accident and death of relatives up to the 3rd degree
- Loss of employment
- Early return for urgent reasons
- Cancelled honeymoon
All Risk Cancellation Insurance ¹ Recommended
The All-Risk insurance enables you to cancel for other verifiable, personal reasons that do not fall under the Platinum insurance. In that case 75% of your expenses will be covered.
- The same guarantees as Platinum (100% coverage)
- Outbreak of an epidemic like Covid-19 (75% coverage)
- Costs of quarantine at the destination (75% coverage) ²
- Non-stabilised medical conditions still under treatment (75% covered)
- Serious illness of best friend (75% covered)
Depart for your trip with a full Covid-19 insurance cover COVID CARE INCLUDED (for departures from summer 2021)
With the All Risk cancellation insurance and travel and assistance insurance package, you’re insured for all Covid-19-related matters both before and during your trip. A few examples:
All Risk Cancellation Insurance
Before the trip (75% coverage)
- If you tested positive for Covid-19 (PCR test) less than 72 hours before departure to your destination.
- If no green travel advice was issued for your destination at the time of cancellation of your trip.
- If you have lost your job, if your leave has been cancelled or if you have gone bankrupt due to the epidemic/pandemic.
- If a rapid test taken on the day of your departure has a positive result.
- If you test positive at the body temperature checkpoints at the airport.
- If you receive the result of your test in the context of your trip too late due to a lack of capacity in the lab to process the tests.
- If you have to go into quarantine at your destination, 75% of the extra expenses for your stay, e.g. extra nights and meals, will be covered. ²
- A mandatory Covid test at your destination (75% coverage). ²
Travel and assistance insurance
During your trip
- 24/7 telephone assistance via a TUI emergency number.
- All medical costs are covered if you fall ill at your destination, including due to Covid-19.
- Repatriation of yourself and your family (if required for medical reasons) is also covered.
- Third-party payment in case of hospitalisation
- Covers theft or loss of, or damage to baggage
Platinum Cancellation Insurance
- 5% of the price of the trip or a minimum of € 15 per person
Package Platinum cancellation insurance + Travel and assistance insurance
- 7% of the price of the trip or a minimum of € 50 per person
All Risk Cancellation Insurance
- 9% of the price of the trip or a minimum of € 40 per person
Package All Risk Cancellation insurance + Travel and assistance insurance COVID CARE INCLUDED
- 11% of the price of the trip or a minimum of € 80 per person
You do not pay any excess fee and are not charged any administrative costs for these cancellation insurance policies.
For a complete overview and a detailed description of the coverage, the limits and the exclusions we refer to the general terms and conditions.
A few examples
Congratulations, you’ve found a new job! But that means that you can’t travel for the first few months. No problem, we will reimburse the cost of cancellation.
You were scheduled to leave for Cuba soon, but your mother suddenly became seriously ill. We will cover the cancellation costs so you can stay with your mother and be there for her.
After 5 great days into your holiday a case of Covid-19 was detected in your hotel, and all guests have to be quarantined. We cover 75% of the costs of any extra nights and meals and the new return flight.
You are scheduled to leave on a holiday soon but the travel advice for your destination is not green due to the coronavirus. Don’t worry, we cover 75% of the cost of cancellation.
I’m healthy when I leave my home, but upon arrival at the airport I appear to have a fever and I’m not allowed on the flight. We will cover 75% of the cost of cancellation.
I planned a trip to Dubai with my family in between two chemo sessions. Shortly before our departure my illness gets worse and I don’t feel well. We cover 75% of the cost of cancellation.
You are covered from the moment on which you took out the insurance until the date of your departure. If you do not take out an insurance when you book the trip, but afterwards, the insurance cover only applies from the day on which you booked the insurance. If you book a package including a travel and assistance insurance, you’re covered until you’re safely back at home. The cancellation insurance applies to trips worldwide.
Click here for the general terms and conditions of the travel and assistance insurance.
Where can I take out this insurance?
The insurance is a complement to a trip and can be taken out at the time you book your trip, with your travel agent or via the website.
An insurance can be taken out up to 57 days prior to your departure date. Book your insurance here or contact your travel agent.
¹ Legal disclaimer: Coverage is provided by Advent Insurance PCC Limited - Absolut Cell, a company under Maltese law with registered office in Malta, recognised by the MFSA (number C 52394) and the FSMA (number 2787). Complaints can be sent by post to Pats nv, complaints service, Gistelsesteenweg 1 at 8400 Oostende or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your complaint is not handled to your satisfaction, you can address the Ombudsman for Insurances, de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussel.
² Valid for departures from summer 2021.
³ Coverage in Europe: € 3.5 per person per day / Coverage in the entire world: € 7 per person per day.