Flights to Izmir: that’s why!
• A bustling destination featuring many shopping facilities and a vibrant nightlife
• Beautiful landscapes with thousands of lights illuminating the night
• Haggling for bargains in the pleasant bustle of the local market
• Many historical sites, Ephesus being the main highlight
• The dolmus can pick you up anywhere for a ride, which is practical and affordable
Tipps für Ihren Aufenthalt in Izmir
PamukkalePamukkale means “cotton castle” in Turkish. This amazing natural phenomenon is the largest one in Turkey! Because of the large amount of calcium in the hot mineral springs, limestone is deposited when the water cools down on the surface and travertine terrace formations are created which look like a cotton castle or a petrified waterfall. In addition, a ferrous spring creates a spectrum of colours on the rocks. It is a unique phenomenon which also has medicinal properties in case of rheumatism and muscular diseases. Take a flight to Izmir with TUI fly and visit this wonderful phenomenon.
SmyrnaUntil the end of the First World War, the city of Izmir was called ‘Smyrna’. The name is said to come from Queen Samonia who reigned over the region. On top of the hill in the middle of the city are the ramparts and towers of the ancient Kadifekale Castle. It offers a spectacular panoramic view of the city and the Gulf of Izmir. Curious? Book your flight to Izmir now.
Museums, shopping and sightseeingMuseum buffs will definitely enjoy the Archaeological Museum, the Ethnography Museum and the Ataturk Museum. Having spent a morning in museums, it is time to go shopping. The historical market of Kemeralti is a lovely place to go shopping, featuring a maze of narrow covered streets. When you leave the market on the sea side, you stumble upon the spacious Konak Square. It boasts an ancient clock tower, the spiritual heart and symbol of the city.
Blue eyesThe Turkish people are not only religious but also very superstitious. In cars and on necklaces you often see these little blue eyes, charms used to ward off the evil eye. People also hang a piece of paper or cloth on a wish tree or wish necklace and make a wish. Or they throw pieces of paper with prayers into a river. If their wish comes true, they will keep the promise they made when making the wish.
EphesusThe city of Ephesus is the most important and best-preserved archaeological site of Turkey. It is known as the world’s largest open-air museum from the Roman era. It boasts many ancient buildings that have been remarkably well preserved, including the Library of Celsus, the theatre, the Temple of Hadrian, the public baths and much more… Fancy discovering the wonders of Ephesus? Book a flight to Izmir with TUI fly and you will be there in no time!
* Preise pro Person, Hinflug, einschließlich der Flughafensteuern. Buchungen möglich vom 22/03/19 bis zum 03/11/19. Abreise möglich vom 22/03/19 bis zum 03/11/19. Die zu diesen Sonderpreisen angebotenen Flugtickets sind beschränkt erhältlich. Die Sonderaktion gilt nur, solange der Vorrat reicht. Diese Angebotsliste wird regelmässig aktualisiert. Den Zeitpunkt der letzten Aktualisiering finden Sie untenstehend neben 'zuletzt bearbeitet'. Tickets zu diesen Minimumpreisen sind daher immer begrenzt verfügbar und nur solange der Vorrat reicht. Danach können höhere Preise gelten.